Folates are a class of water-soluble compounds belonging to the Vitamin B complex which are essential for a number of metabolic functions, including processes involved in the development and metabolism of CNS and the production of DNA and RNA, primarily in infancy, adolescence and pregnancy.
Reduced folates are manufactured at Cerbios, inspected and supplied to the highest quality standards in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
Sodium Folinate Hydrate/Leucovorin Sodium is a reduced derivative of Folic Acid which is widely used in various therapies.
Sodium Folinate is mainly used for colorectal cancer treatment in association with 5-fluorouracil and Oxaliplatin (FOLFOX regimen) or with 5-fluorouracil and Irinotecan (FOLFIRI regimen).
Additionally, it is administered as salvage therapy to reduce toxic effects following high doses of methotrexate in the treatment of some neoplastic diseases, rheumatoid arthritis or severe psoriasis.
Sodium Folinate is also given to treat anemia caused by folate deficiency.
CAS Number :
Molecular Weight :
- Reduced folates
- Detoxifying agents for antineoplastic treatment
- Vitamin and antianemic preparations
- Women’s health
- Coadjuvant for hormonal contraceptive
- Leucovorin sodium
- (6RS)-N5-formyl-5,6,7,8-tetrahydrofolic acid
- Sodium Leucovorin
- Folinic Acid disodium salt
- L-Glutamic acid, N-[4-[[(2-amino-5-formyl-1,4,5,6,7,8-hexahydro-4-oxo-6-pteridinyl)methyl]amino]benzoyl]-, disodium salt