Folates are a class of water soluble compounds belonging to the Vitamin B complex which are essential for a number of metabolic functions, including processes involved in the development and metabolism of CNS and the production of DNA and RNA, primarily in infancy, adolescence and pregnancy.
Reduced folates are manufactured at Cerbios, inspected and supplied at the highest quality standards in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
Calcium Folinate Hydrate/Leucovorin Calcium is a reduced derivative of Folic Acid which is widely used in various therapies.
Calcium Folinate is mainly used for colorectal cancer treatment in association with 5-fluorouracil and Oxaliplatin (FOLFOX egimen) or with 5-fluorouracil and Irinotecan (FOLFIRI regimen).
Additionally, it is administered as salvage therapy to reduce toxic effects after high doses of methotrexate in the treatment of some neoplastic diseases, rheumatoid arthritis or severe psoriasis.
Calcium Folinate is also given to treat anaemia caused by folate deficiency.
CAS Number :
Molecular Weight :
J DMF :
Indian DFM :
Taiwan DFM :
DCP or MR or EFSA
- Reduced folates
- Detoxifying agents for antineoplastic treatment
- Vitamin and antianeamic preparations
- Women’s health
- Coadjuvant for hormonal contraceptive
- Leucovorin calcium
- (6RS)-N5-Formyl-5,6,7,8-tetrahydrofolic acid
- Calcium Leucovorin
- Folinic Acid Calcium salt
- L-Glutamic acid, N-[4-[[(2-amino-5-formyl-1,4,5,6,7,8-hexahydro-4-oxo-6-pteridinyl)methyl]amino]benzoyl]-, calcium salt (1:1)